Field No.15 Vegetable Planting Topsoil is a nutrient rich blend of sandy loam, multipurpose compost and soil conditioner that is ideal for re-potting and feeding of vegetable plants, mature foliage and shrubs in raised beds or containers either outdoors or indoors.
How do you use it?
1. Prepare the container or raised bed, ensuring it is able to drain excess water through the base.
2. Remove the plant from its current pot and gently tease out the roots.
3. Fill the base of the pot/container/raised bed with the Field No.15 so that the top of the root ball sits just below the top of the pot/container/raised bed.
4. Fill the area around the plant with Field No.15, firming it in as you go so as to eliminate air pockets.
5. Water in according to the weather conditions. If planted indoors or in a pot standing on a hard area make sure there is an adequate drip tray/saucer to collect excess water.
6. Once planted in a pot it is a good idea to apply a mulch product such as the Field No. 11 Pot Mulch to depth of about 15mm. Alternatively if planting in a raised bed apply Field No.8 Contract Ornamental around the plant to a depth of 75-100mm. This will help hold moisture in the pot/container/raised bed, suppress the growth of weeds and liverworts, plus provide an aesthetically pleasing finish.