High Quality Lawn Turf
Thank-you for choosing your turf from Field (compost) Ltd. Because it is important to look after a newly laid lawn, we have set out below a few useful bullet points which will help ensure your lawn has the best possible start.
Watering - Very Important
- Try to be fully equipped with a hose and a sprinkler before your turf is laid;
- When temperatures drop below 10oc watering is not so important but look for signs of the turf looking dry and water as required;
- In warm weather, ensure you start watering as soon as the turf is laid;
- Quantities of water will vary with soil types and temperature;
- Lift 1 corner of a turf to ensure the turf is moist all the way through and the soil underneath is also moist;
- If possible, water twice a day, early morning and late afternoon for 2 weeks;
- Make sure you have covered every turf. The water will not spread;
- Do NOT walk on the turf after you have watered it.
- Start mowing your lawn approximately 2 weeks after laying;
- Use the mower on a high setting to start and then mow again a few days later to reduce the height;
- Repeat mowing once a week from Spring to Autumn;
- Never mow any more than 1/3 of the sward length in one cut;
- Use a mower with a grass collector! Raking cuttings may damage the grass.
Prices & Quantities
High Quality Lawn Turf 1 metre roll £3.80
Please see pdf
of delivery charges for bulk bags and loose materials or contact us us for quotation.
All prices shown include VAT.
We can make bespoke mixes to meet your requirements
Contact us for details